Green Grotto Caves
Rising Resort Town
Learn Jamaica’s Rich Runaway Slave History and explore Green Grotto Caves
Runaway Bay is a rising resort town with a rich history and a distinctive name paying homage to the runaway slaves. In Runaway you can experience the Green Grotto Caves which are the largest and most accessible caves on the island and are estimated to be about a half-million years old. Inside are stalagmites and stalactites and an underground lake.
Things to Do in Runaway Bay
Runaway Bay provides a great jumping off point to see nearby Discovery Bay, where Christopher Columbus visited during his voyage in 1494
Experience a taste of Jamaica’s cuisine through learning to prepare one of its many cultural and culinary delights
Explore Devon House, the 17th-century mansion once owned by Jamaica’s first black millionaire. Learn about its rich history while roaming the grounds and receive something sweet to eat after it's all done
Tours & Airport Transfers In Runaway Bay
Discover More Amazing Resorts In Jamaica
COVID-19 Enhanced Safety Protocols
Policies on face masks & health
- Face masks are required for travellers in public areas and during transfers.
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival at each attraction.
Policies on sanitization
- Hand sanitiser is available to travellers and staff.
- Gear/equipment in applicable experiences are sanitised between each use.
- Transportation vehicles are regularly sanitised.
Policies on social distancing
- Customers are required to maintain social distancing during each experience where possible.
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons are available on request.